By Paige Batson, M.A., R.N., P.H.N., Public Health Department Deputy Director
If you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, are waiting for virus test results, or you are experiencing symptoms related to the virus, you will need to safely isolate or quarantine at home. Please review the most up-to-date information you need regarding isolating and quarantining from the California Department of Health by clicking here.
Please keep in mind these important restrictions and information that apply to both home isolation and home quarantine:
- Separate yourself from others in your home.
- Stay at home except to seek medical care.
- Do not use public transportation.
- Do not prepare or serve food to others.
- Limit contact with pets.
- Do not allow visitors.
- Do not go to work, school or public areas.
- If you cannot meet the requirements for isolation or quarantine you may call the COVID-19 support team at 211 for assistance with housing, food or other needs.
Please continue to check back at https://publichealthsbc.org/ for regularly updated information about health orders, guidance and vaccination distribution in Santa Barbara County.