(SANTA BARBARA, Calif.) — The Santa Barbara County Public Health Department (PHD) is confirming six (6) additional cases of COVID-19 today. This makes 32 total confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Santa Barbara County at this time. Below are more details about the six (6) cases announced Thursday, March 26:
- Case #27—in their 60s and resides in Santa Ynez Valley
- Case #28—in their 60s and resides in Santa Ynez Valley
- Case #29—in their 30s and resides in Santa Barbara
- Case #30—in their 40s and resides in Santa Maria
- Case #31—in their 30s and resides in Lompoc
- Case #32—in their 50s and resides in Santa Maria
Although PHD has released the cities and areas where confirmed COVID-19 cases have occurred, it is critical that residents in all areas of the county stay at home and practice social distancing when performing essential tasks outside their home.
Of the 32 cases, 21 are recovering at home, three (3) persons are recovering in a hospital, one (1) of which is in an Intensive Care Unit (ICU), and eight (8) have fully recovered.
PHD is prioritizing thorough investigations for cases with exposures in healthcare and other congregate settings to identify persons who may have been exposed. Mandated social distancing measures are in place to slow the spread of the virus.
Community members are reminded to take measures to prevent the spread of respiratory illness:
- Wash your hands with soap and water
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home if you become sick with respiratory symptoms, fever or cough
- Keep surfaces clean by wiping them down with a household disinfectant
County Public Health: www.PublicHealthSBC.org, Twitter and Facebook
County of Santa Barbara: www.CountyofSB.org, Twitter, Facebook
County Call Center: (833) 688-5551, 9a.m.- 6p.m.
County Information Line: (833) 688-5551, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
2-1-1 Call Center: Dial 211 or outside the area, call (800) 400-1572
Recorded Information Line: (805) 681-4373
Behavioral Wellness 24/7 Access Line: (888) 868-1649