Testing Site at Earl Warren Showgrounds Moving to Goleta Valley Community Center
(SANTA BARBARA, Calif.) The State-operated testing site currently located at the Earl Warren Showgrounds is moving to the Goleta Valley Community Center. The last day of testing services at Earl Warren Showgrounds will be August 31, 2020. Testing services will begin on September 3, 2020 at the Goleta Valley Community Center. Testing appointments can now be made for the Goleta site online at https://lhi.care/covidtesting or by calling (888) 634-1123.
“We are very pleased with this move to the Goleta Valley Community Center. This location offers residents of Goleta and Isla Vista expanded testing opportunity by proximity to, and ease of access by public transportation,” said Van Do-Reynoso, Santa Barbara County Public Health Director.
The testing being conducted is intended to identify if an individual currently has the COVID-19 virus. When considering getting a test, the Santa Barbara County Public Health Department (PHD) recommends asking yourself the following questions. If the answer is yes to any of these questions, then you should get tested.
- Do you work in a high-risk environment for the transmission of COVID-19?
- Are you an essential worker?
- Do you live or work in a congregate setting?
- Have you had close contact with an individual who has been recently confirmed as having COVID-19?
- Close contact is about 15 minutes, in a closed room less than six feet apart.
- Have you been experiencing any symptoms of illness, different than seasonal allergies?
- Cough, runny nose, fatigue, headaches, sore throat, loss of taste, nausea, etc.
- Has a Public Health Department employee told you to get tested?
If you cannot answer yes to any of these questions, you are at lower risk for contracting COVID-19 and are not advised to be tested at this time.
The Goleta Valley Community Center is located at 5679 Hollister Ave, Goleta, CA 93117. Testing is by appointment only. For more information about COVID-19, please visit www.publichealthsbc.org.
County Public Health: www.PublicHealthSBC.org, Twitter and Facebook
County of Santa Barbara: www.CountyofSB.org, Twitter, Facebook
2-1-1 Call Center: Dial 211 or outside the area, call (800) 400-1572
Community Wellness Team Information and Referral Line: (805) 364-2750