Santa Barbara County Reopening Metrics
Welcome to the County of Santa Barbara Reopening Metrics Dashboard. This information is provided to ensure that our community has current information as Santa Barbara moves through Stage 2 to 4 in the Governor’s Roadmap to Resiliency.
On this dashboard, you will find data for the following key indicators related to confirmed COVID-19 cases, as well as key metrics mandated by the State of California as part of the County’s attestation for readiness for reopening. Please view Santa Barbara County’s variance attestation application here: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID19/County_Variance_Attestation_Form.aspx
Data provided includes:
- Case status – Total cases, active cases, recovered cases, hospitalization, and deaths.
- Total active and new cases by geographic locations
- Daily increase in cases
- Week to week comparison of cases
- Lompoc Prison case data
- Where new cases are occurring
- Hospitalization metrics
- Testing metrics
- Testing capacity metric
- Personal protective equipment for essential workers
- Containment capacity metrics (Coming soon)
- Vulnerable population metrics (Coming soon)
COVID-19 testing and case data are reported as timely, accurately, and completely as available. Data is updated as Public Health receives information. Cases are lab-confirmed COVID-19 cases reported to Santa Barbara Public Health via the California Reportable Disease Information Exchange by hospitals, medical providers, and commercial laboratories. A lab-confirmed case is defined as detection of COVID-19 RNA in a clinical specimen using a molecular amplification detection test.